Sunday, December 03, 2006

Muha on the rocks


Muha materialised at the "Track", or Male's swimming area, today for a last dip before heading off to the Himalaya. He leaves late tonight on a rather long flight to Kathmandu, via Dubai and Dhaka, to attend the screening of Himalayan Dreams at KIMFF 2006. He didn't swim much, just climbed the four-legged concrete blocks which serve as Male's seawall and sat there looking at the sea and thinking whatever it is that he thinks when he sits there. Yasir and Ayya, under Zunej's instructions, were practising their swimming drills but got out soon after sunset to see a Leonardo Di Caprio film! But Yasir said it also starred Jack Nicholsen, who bears an uncanny resemblance to him. Then Sharif arrived there and said he'd seen the film too but only because it was a Martin Scorsese film.

In any case Muha is looking forward to going to Nepal. He said the night-time temperatures dipped to 2 degrees celcius.

It was a beautiful sunset today, great clolours. But I couldn't wondering how it would feel, looking at the sunset and the moon up in the mountains in the chill of the evening.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Al,
Greeting from the City of Angels (I can see the Hollywood sign from here).

Very stoked to know that Muha has left to attend the screening of Himalayan Dreams. Few days back I met Muha and complimented your team on the great work you have done.
As I see it, Muha is just beginning his career and I am looking forward to more from him and I am sure that he will go on to do things of mountainous proportions. (hehe..hope that line came on ok)
I came to know and befriend Muha and when he helped me during my stint running the Maldives Surfing Association. I am very grateful to that young man for the help he gave to the surfing community. I am honored to have the friendship of a great young soul and wish him and your team the best from the bottom of my heart. Stay in touch and although I just hit the half century mark, don't write me off. You may find me slipping in to join your grand adventures.
Warm regards and best wishes to you and your team .... I just wanted to tell you - YOU ARE MY HEROES.
Amin Didi

9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home