Sunday, September 10, 2006

Shanti Stupa


Yesterday afternoon, I trekked a few kilometres up a winding road to Shanti Stupa on top of a hill. It was built by Japanese buddhists. The walk up there and the view from there were amazing. YOu could see the whole of Leh sprawled on the valley, as well as the hills and the snow peaks. I filmed the stupa and the views. Later in the evening I went up the road to a Tibetan cafe for dinner and had the best momos I've had in India.

The exercise, the food, the views, and the chill in the air (temperatures dipped last night) made me feel really good.

I may be going off the the Nubra Valley tomorrow, so more spectacular scenery to see and film.

1 Comments:

Blogger MARTIN said...

Howdy Al,

Just reading the updates having returned from Milan for the GP weekend. Looks like you are having an amazing time at the moment! Envy the Full Moon Experience you had but to report I've got a few pictures on the Journey Home of what appears to be the Alps(?) which looked ok... will let you know and post some to you if they are good.

To add to your colour debate - I was in an ocean of Red over the weekend (as you can image) but I did see some Orange colour out there - and Turquiose as well... oh well, did I ever mention I just dig Turquoise??
Be well buddy and soak it up.

2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home