Thursday, September 07, 2006

Full moon in Leh


In the last bit to Leh, we descended to the fertile Indus Valley and the splashes of green was refreshing after the colourless high altitude landscapes we'd been through. I arrived in Leh and found a small, but nice rustic room in a guesthouse run by a Ladakhi family. After a shower I went out in the full moon for dinner.

This morning I woke up with the headache gone. But Leh is 3,600 metres high, higher than Namche Bazaar in the Everest region in Nepal. I'll rest and recuperate here for the next day or so and then hopefully embark on the last leg of the journey to the Nubra Valley.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Al
It's a great trip that you are doing,truely inspiring.
for me it is a dream "the manali to leh trip".
Good luck
cheers
eagan

3:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home