Saturday, April 28, 2007

Alive and well


A self-photo taken yesterday in Lukla, the trail-head for the Everest trek. The view from my room there is out of this world (pity I got in the way, eh?)

Anyway, this is just a quick post to let everyone know I arrived safely in Kathmandu this morning.

Apart from cracked lips, sore legs, and a reduction in the muscle mass so painstakingly developed by Zinan---a small price to pay for all that I've seen and done---I'm basically unscathed.

I've had the most marvellous time in Khumbu, the Everest region, and over the next day or so, I'll post images which I think capture my experiences there.

5 Comments:

Blogger MARTIN said...

Lookin' Mean Al! Good to see you back and all okay.

Looking forward to the photos...

8:01 AM  
Blogger Husein Zinan said...

good work ... keep eating good food

6:59 AM  
Blogger Al said...

hey there martin, zinan, cheers for the comments and for checking in on us..am out of kathmandu again with friends, couldn't resist some more adventure before i leave this land..this is why the photos aren't up yet, but i hope to post them in a couple of days..and zinan, yeah i'm stuffing myself like anything!

2:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey al, good to know you're doing well. and yes, its a pity you got in the way of the room view. so can you please upload another pic of the view minus yourself?

1:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so once u go higher it effect your brain, thats why u started taking self portrait... hope we could see more self portrait like (Solea)
its good to know u are ok.
have seen the national flower?

3:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home