Sunday, November 13, 2005

Flying out to Lukla


Katmandu; 1,235 metres; 15 celcius

We're leaving on the trek tomorrow. More shopping done today and, of course, most of it with the help of our shopping assistants. We're in Thamel, the tourist area of Katmandu, where there's an incredible variety of eating places.

For me personally, Katmandu is now the current favourite South Asian city. Last year I was in Bombay and New Delhi but neither of those cities can beat Katmandu for picturesqueness, atmosphere, and places to go out to.

I wouldn't mind staying here for a few months or even an year.

Yesterday Shaaxu told Muha when he rang her that Hilath went on stage with Abhijeet. Shaaxu herself had earlier said she wouldn't bother going to the show because Abhijeet looked like a guard at the resort she worked in.

Meanwhile Shanu yesterday commented on what an emotional person Hilath was. "I don't know him that well", she admitted, adding, "I don't know him at all."

Muha and I now want to go to Tibet when we finish the Everest Trek, but we need to get money out here. Muha reckons we should do Tibet while we're out here, so we're trying to get the money sent here.