Thursday, October 13, 2005

Will Muha join me?


Muha is an exceptional photographer mate of mine, responsible for the amazing photo on the left of Male, the capital of Maldives, where we both live. Like me, Muha likes to travel and see different parts of not only this country but also the rest of the world. He might take time off his work to join me on the Nepal trip, but he says he needs to think about it. I've let him borrow a book on Nepal, which might do the trick as its got some great pictures of mountains and mists and rugged terrain.

It'd be great if he can come; we've already travelled inside this country, so I know we'd get on very well together. But even if he can't make it, I'll push on nonetheless.

I hope Muha doesn't mind me using his photograph which you can find, along with other excellent samples of his photography, here.

I have tried to talk to my friends into joining me on the trip, but most are busy or can't spare the time or the money. We were planning to go to Nepal last year as an expedition, and even trained together for some days. We'd hoped to do a video and a book about the trip in order to finance the adventure, but the unavailability of tickets to India, which we would have had to cross overland, and Maoist trouble in Nepal, prevented us from going.

I still think Muha, Shaz, Saffah, Elvis, Thumma and Narco would make an exellent team to go on a trip like this, and they would have the time of a lifetime up in the mountains. But it looks like this is not to be for the time being.