Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Day 7: Lobuche


17 April 2007
Lobuche, 4,940m, 3.00pm

The headache returned and, although not unbearable yet, is persistent. I started to feel it during the second half of the walk. I'm generally feeling a bit out of sorts and was exhausted on the trek here.

Dingboche to Dughla was 2 hours, 15 minutes, and Dughla to Lobuche took 2 hours, 30 minutes.

It took an hour to climb the steep rocky bit immediately after Dughla on the summit of which are several chortens or stone monuments, a memorial to people who've died climbing Mount Everest.

The place is a grim reminder that not all those who pass this hill make it back alive.

1 Comments:

Blogger MARTIN said...

Hi Al,

Thanks for the encouragement on my blog. It's good to see your own is developing nicely again and your photos are making me envious. I don't think I have anything quite that good in my own collection...! Bother.

2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home